Ultramicrotome PowerTome XL
For the Preparation of Thin Sections for Electron Microscopy.
We designed a new cutting engine with exemptional levels of precision tolerence. This design reduces ‘play’ between the parts of the engine to a minimum, virtually eliminating section chatter and susceptibility to external vibration.
These are the only ultramicrotomes with the patented Power Drive© technology. When gravity fails, the powered cutting stroke has enough strength to cut through even hard, inhomogeneous specimens.
While we were at it, we added…
- Self lubrificating Pivot Joints
- Frictionless bearings
Smooth and… Precise!
- Patented Power Drive® technology
- High precision arc segment holder with ranges from 0-45° or +/- 22.5° with self-locking controls
- Smooth, precise knife stage micrometer drives with marked increments of 0.5 and 5.0 microns
- Digital approach with user selectable increments, for novice and advanced users alike.
Advanced features for ultramicrotomy
- Section counter, Feed totalizer :Section counting and feed totals are useful to those doing 3D reconstruction or calculating cell thicknesses or distance into cell structures.
- 10um Automatic Sectioning Thickness :If your work involves thick plastic sections for LM, Confocal, FTIR then 10um automatic section thickness is very important. The operator can do multiples of 10um thickness with a touch of a button as well.
- RS232 port :The RS232 port is available for those who want to address data logging or computer interfacing.
A sharp vision
- Stemi-2000 Zeiss Stereomicroscope that delivers sharp 3D images without distortion
- 7.7 to 1 zoom range with click stops
- 10x W-PL eyepieces as standard, providing 23mm field of view
- Total magnification 6.5 to 50x with 10x eyepieces.
A great ergonomy
- Ergonomic Stereomicroscope Holder, featuring Constant Radial Focus Control
|Autothin sectioning from 5 nm|
|Autothick sectioning to 5 microns(X), 10 microns(XL)|
|Digital section counter – XL|
|Feed totalizer – XL|
|15mm cutting stroke|
|Cutting speed range 0.1-49.9 mm/sec|
|Variable return speed selection over entire cutting speed range|
|Automatic feed 200 microns|
|Manual feed 50mm|
|4 Memory channels, 5 on PT-PC|
|Built-in self diagnostic programs|
|Compact two piece design with separate control unit|
|Built-in hand rests|
|Advanced technology multi-level vibration isolation system|
|High stability mechanical drive systems for both specimen advance and cutting|
|High precision micrometer knife stage|
|Fully adjustable “scan and tilt” stereomicroscope|
|LED backlighting and specimen transillumination|
Supplied complete with
|Arc segment mount|
|Self locking Positrac© knife stage|
|Two specimen holders (transilluminating)|
|Glass knife support (polished)|
|Wooden accessory box|
|Trimming block and post|
|Spare lamps and fuses|