Biaxial testing is more representative when it comes to simulating stresses which we encounter in our daily life. Therefore the importance of this kind of testing has an increasing role in material characterization and modelling. However, today’s biaxial testing devices occupy a lot of space and in situ testing in constrained environments are unthinkable.
Over the last few years, our engineers were able to develop a technology which allows to down-size considerably these machines. Confined spaces, as scanning electron microscopes, are now in our reach. Local analysis of phases, crystallographic orientation, deformation and stresses can be evaluated during an in situ test.
This new technology is able to measure both force and displacement in the X and Y axis. Both axis can be controlled separately and simultaneously, which allows to simulate complex loading (tensile, compression and low-cycle fatigue). While specimens are generally cruciform, this machine can develop forces up to 3.000 N.
Do not hesitate to contact us if you are interested in this technology.
Why SIRIUS ?
- Different clamping systems for cruciform testing samples
- Working with reduced working distance
- Generating complex multiaxial stresses (two axis work independently)
- Compatible with different working environments (SEM, X-ray diffraction, synchrotron radiation, etc.)
- Increased efficiency using state-of-the-art technology in mechanical transmission, working on a speed range between 0.1 – 50 µm/s and a force up to 3 kN.
- Increased rigidity by coupling precise guiding and transmission systems.
- Excellent precision on the displacement (accuracy of 20 nm) and force measurements (linearity and hysteresis below 0.25% of the full scale).
- Mechanical and electronical security allow to protect the user and the micromachine from any damages, as well as the complete automatisation of the ongoing tests.
- The applied forces are on the same plan than the testing sample, eliminating any bending moments.
- The software has been developed based on today’s requirement in research and development. The major tests, as tensile, compression and bending, can be performed with the same machine.
SIRIUS is capable of performing different kind of tests :
- Biaxial tensile / compression
Our software provides the flexibility of control, data processing and analysis to meet your needs :
- Manual testing, controlling the speed and direction of the displacement
- Targeting force, controlling the speed by targeting a desired force
- Targeting displacement, controlling the speed by targeting a desired displacement
- Cyclic testing, controlling the number of tensile-compression cycles using values in force or displacement
Designed to perform a full spectrum of standard and unique tests across a wide range of materials :
|Tests||Biaxial Tensile, Compression and Low-cycle fatigue|
|Force capacity||3 kN|
|Dimensions||225 x 205 x 45 mm|
|Crosshead travel||12 mm (on each side)|
|Max. speed test||50 µm/s|
|Min. speed test||0.1 µm/s|
|Displacement sensor||Resolution of +/- 1µm|
|Force sensor||Linearity < +/- 0.25 of F.S.
Hysteresis < +/- 0.25 of F.S.